Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Partnered With Nina Designs :-)


Back in August, I saw a blog post by my friend over at Antiquity Jewelers about Nina Designs. She had partnered with them and created pieces out of some exquisite components that Nina Designs had provided. I loved her designs and the components and asked her how I could be a partner too. She directed me, and here I am today :-)

Here's what they sent to me:


Clockwise from top: 
 
I must admit I was a bit surprised with the skulls and snake and was a bit stumped.  LOVED it all! The finishing is exquisite! 

I knew I would end up using the skull and snake since they baffled me ;-)

So here's what I came up with...

First off, the snake. I did not want to use it as just a regular old pendant. Luckily, I found this gunmetal "fabric" at my last trip to Michaels. Its the most wonderful thing...so fluid and fun!
I decided to pair it up with my snake. I didn't notice it until a friend pointed out that the "fabric" was a really good choice because it looks like the scales on a snake!

The minimal combination looked striking and I decided not to over-design it further.
The only "trouble" with this piece is that it is hard to photograph, the fabric is so flowy! But I tried, and here it is. I did use the clasp Nina Designs sent me in this necklace too.





The fabric is a square piece, and here's how it looks all spread out.




What do you think? Me loves it!

And now for the star! The skull! I am going to let the pictures do all the talking here. I used two components in this design, the skull and the lotus petals. For the longest time I thought the lotus petals were hearts, I guess we see what we want to see ;-) In fact, I see a heart in the skull's nose too, haha




Those are two chains hanging out of the skull...was hard to photograph in the wind. I love this last picture :)

I still have half the components they sent left over, hoping to get to them soon! Knowing what a hoarder I am of things I like, I think it will be a while before I get to the leather though. Its luscious!!!


 The materials above were provided as part of the Nina Designs blogging program. The author of this blog has not received any payment from above-mentioned company. The post above represents only personal opinion of the blog author. 



12 comments:

  1. That snake necklace is gorgeous, Kashmira, the "fabric" behind it works so well and it really does have a snakeskin look. I am always stumped with skulls, I'm just old-fashioned... I guess I don't think of them as suitable for personal adornment... but this particular pair are really quite beautiful, and the other elements render them more playful. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with that lovely lilac leather cord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Mon. I like to wear happy things. I tried to make the skull look happy, lol. Along with all the gore, hahaha.

      Delete
  2. I love what you did with the snake and fabric! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I really like that metal fabric! They only had two pieces :(( Need to find more.

      Delete
  3. you killed it!! WOW! I agree that the lotus looks like a heart, and I do see that in the nose of the skull ;) ... but I lub, lub, lub that snake necklace! genius design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to make the skull even more gory...with one eye hanging loose and the other stuck in the socket and all, but my wire working skills are a bit limited. The eyes can still pop-out, lol :-)

      I love the snake one too! Was lucky the chain was sitting in front of me, and I thought to add it. Otherwise it looked kinda empty. Now I like how it looks like a prisoner snake with a ball and chain around it. (gosh, i am turning macabre!)

      I only use things that I can see, so lucky that I had not put the "fabric" away, otherwise I would not have thought of it at all, lol!

      Delete
  4. You did a great job with all the components they sent you. I was wondering the same thing about how to partner with them as I've read several posts from different bloggers about being their partners. But I couldn't ever figure out how to do it. Congrats on being their partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the skull too, it had so many design opportunities with the way it is constructed!

      Delete
  6. I love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete