Friday, April 13, 2012

Flap Your Wings, Ms. Judy!

This post is about Judy Glende, a beading artist who was much loved and is dearly missed by the entire beading community. I am relatively a newbie in the beading world, and did not know Judy personally.
I used to frequent her etsy stores JudithBDesigns and Flap Your Wings and marvel at all the beauty she created.
I also followed her blog and ead her last few posts. She came across as a super sweet and caring person.


Found out about her passing from friends in the community, and through them, I also felt a sense of loss and wanted to join everyone in paying my tributes to her.


Tania from Moobie Grace Designs arranged for this blog hop where several of us have come up with designs that were in some way inspired by Judy's life and work. Participants will either sell or auction their work and proceeds will be donated to a charity of their choice. I hope you find something you like and help us to celebrate the wonderful person, Judy Glende.


Here is the list of participants:


3. Kashmira Patel <- You are here
(Amanda regretfully couldn't participant in the reveal but will be making a donation)
8. Kim Ballor 
11. Lana Kinney 
12. Kym Hunter 


I went and looked at Judy's creations to find some inspiration there. She did a lot of "vintage-inspired" work, and so I decided to make something with the antique bronze finish. For some reason, I did not want to add wings to my creation, but at the same time I wanted to make something Judy would like to wear :-) I hope she likes these!

My set is already sold to a dear friend who has been a huge support to my fledgling jewelry making aspirations. I will be donating the proceeds to Judy's family.

And finally...will let the pictures do some talking :-)




I know I have posted this picture before, but these earrings were made for this blog hop.


I also made a necklace to go with this, which I am totally in love with.





I wish I had better pictures of the necklace. But it has been raining non-stop for the last few days, and this is the best I could do.

This set is also my first sale after I officially setup my business. Am glad this is for Judy. They will be sent off to a lucky birthday girl next week. I hope she likes her gift, and I hope Judy does too :)

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    I'm not surprised they're already sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I woke up late, and am late to my own party! I apologize!! The color combination is beautiful! I'm sure Judy would have adored it! How great is it that this is your official first sale? Thank you for jumping on board with this hop Kashmira!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thesweet comments, and for hosting this, Tani! I had fun and am glad I could do a bit.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you're off to a great start with your jewelry business! Both piece are beautiful, but the necklace is amazing - a real eye catcher. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do hope my little store takes off well!

      Delete
  4. Very nice set, Kashmira - it captured the vintage look you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a really beautiful set - I love that necklace, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful set -- and I love that necklace, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Yeah, it worked out as my entry for a tangerine tango challenge as well :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! And congratulations on your first sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo! For your comment and for the wishes :)

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful set!!! I love how the orange pops off of the filigree. I agree with you, the necklace is wonderful! So glad for your first sale, and I'm sure there are many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty!!! love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured the vintage look so beautifully! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your friend is a lucky lady. And have a feeling she will be back again and again with work like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She loved vintage this is a lovely tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so gorgeous, Kashmira!!! I love the design!!! Your friend is lucky to have such wonderful work from you! And what a beautiful tribute to Judy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Put on a little fire and have some wine...and create :) love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete