Friday, August 24, 2012

6th Bead Soup Blog Hop - Summer 2012 - Reveal 3!

And this is the day for the final and biggest reveal of this Bead Soup Blog Hop.

First off: Lori Anderson: THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is a huge effort and awesomely executed. Thank you for all your hard work, and caring so much about all of us! It is a big deal for all of us :)

So what is the Bead Soup Blog Hop?

It is the brain child of Lori Anderson of Pretty Things.
The Bead Soup Blog Party is about exchanging beads with a person, a "bead soup" as it were, and you have no idea what you'll get, so it will help push you out of your comfort zone, and have you think about beads you may never have chosen yourself.

This is my second time participating, and the 6th time Lori is hosting it. It just gets bigger and bigger every time. 400 participants this time around, and so she had to break the hop into 3 reveal dates.

My partner this time is Kathy Combs of Torched in Texas. A quick recap of what she sent to me:

 

 


I tried to make something from all of the components, but Kathy really spoiled me! This loot will last for a long time :)

I will show you my pieces in the order in which I made them.

First were these earrings:

I had not planned them. I had wanted to make a necklace that day, so laid out all my soup ingredients and observed them. I noticed the headpins, and started playing. I made one coil and liked it. Thought it would look nice in an earring. Started to grab the wire Kathy gave me to make jumprings, and noticed that she already made them for me. So I was one step ahead...but stuck right after that. I had no other copper findings. I would need to either buy or make earwires. I went to Michaels and Walmart that same day and bought some copper supplies. I got this 20 gauge wire that I thought to use. It is a bright shiny pink, but I had no other choice at that point, and made these. I love how the earwire turned out. It has a tiny AB seed bead, matches perfectly with the enameled ends of the headpins. Here's a closer look:


I rather like the contrast of the two wire finishes, so am still debating whether I want to do something about the shiny part or not.

Next up, I had to decide which focal to use first. The one with the two tubes was my favorite, because of the luscious colors and the unusual shape. I toyed with a few different ideas and finally ended up with this.

I made this little dangle first.


I am so in love with those swarovski beads! Gorgeous, gorgeous, utterly gorgeous!

The dangle I attached to a ring I made from the copper wire Kathy gave me. (I am hoarding that wire, it is a very precious thing for me right now!). Like this:



I had a tough time deciding how I should orient the pendant. Like this, or sideways, making it look like a lariat. I don't remember why I decided on this one ;-)

I used some more of the gorgeous, gorgeous, utterly gorgeous swarovskis and the copper clasp Kathy made for me, and finished off the necklace:


It is unbelivably beautiful! The colors are SO pretty, I can't stop looking at it and gushing! I wore it to work the day I made it. Sadly, none of the gals at my new office noticed it. I am still a quiet mouse there, and didn't strut around, grabbing people and showing it off like I used to at my previous company. But when I went to pick up lunch, the cashier was speaking to my neck. My friends think she was talking to something below that, but I know it was the necklace. I just know it! I wore it again today to the mall, and three people asked me about it. So there!

Yeah, yeah, I know you want to see how it looks around a neck...patience, my dear. Here's a picture:



I am not parting with this set. Ever. Not even if someone really, really wants it. And that is something. Because I melt within half a second and give my things away.

And lastly, the-one-I-started-off-not-liking-but-now-I-do:

I decided to use the square focal for a bracelet. Bracelets are very difficult for me to make. Hard to get the size right, hard to make them sit, and hard to get any form of design in when it is for my tiny wrist.
But that is what I did make.

I decided to use the tiny silver beads and clasp that Kathy sent. And to use my brown cotton cord. When I tried sticking the cord into the focal, I realized that the holes were big enough for the cord on one side, and not big enough on the other side. So I decided I will have cord on one side and wire on the other. The two would meet at the clasp.

After a tiny debate about how to do this, I decided to make my very own itty-bitty clasps. I LOVED the one Kathy made, so inspired by that, I made these:



I wanted to make the bracelet half-cord, half, err...something else. I looked for beads that would go with the focal. Found these from a bead packet I got from Lisa of Pineridge Treasures.

I strung the cord with the triangle, silver beads, and finished off the bracelet.


Here's how it looks upon wearing.(Yeah, that's a rolling pin "wearing" my bracelet)
Side 1:

Side 2:


All laid out:


I didn't like it at all. At all. But I decided to wear it to work yesterday. After all it is my baby, I should give it some love. If not me, then who, right? So I wore it all day, and started to like it. The clasps look pretty cool all laid out along my hand. And it fit well and was sitting just right.

Here is everything all together:



One again thanking Lori for hosting, and Kathy for playing with me :-)

Tanya of FusionMuse is putting on this massive effort to put all the participants, their bio and at least one pic from the reveal all in one place. (Thank you, Tanya!!!). Here's the link

Here are the other participants of the third reveal:
Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Agi Kiss, Moonsafari Beads 
Alice Peterson, Alice Dreaming
Alison Sachs, Beads by Earthtones
Amanda Dittloff, Passion Smashin'
Andra Marasteanu, Bijoux de Monanage
Angie Szlovak, SweetBeads
Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
Ann Sherwood, Ann's Blog
Arlene Dean, A Glass Bash
Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution
Barb Solem, Vivi Magoo Presents
Barbara Blaszczyk, laboratorim Flory
Bianca Odenthal, Zydies Glasperlen
Birgit Klughardt, GitesBeads
Bobbie Rafferty, Beadsong Jewelry
Bonnie Coursolle,  Jasper Gems
Cece Cormier, The Beading Yogini
Charlene Jacka, Clay Space
Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
Cheryl Foiles, Get Your Bead On
Christie Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry

Christina Miles, Wings n Scales
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads
Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design
Cindy Cima Edwards, Live to Design
CJ Bauschka, 4 His Glory Creations
Claire Smith, Embergrass Jewelry
Cynthia Riggs, Cynth's Blog
Dana Fowler, Trunk Full of Treasure
Dawn Pierro, Turtle Moon Designs
Dee Elgie, Cherry Obsidia
Donetta Farrington, Simply Gorgeous

Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Eileen Snyder, Dorset Hill Beads
Elizabeth Bunn, Elizabeth Beads
Eva Kovacs, Ewa gyongyos vilaga!
Evelyn Duberry, Sheba Makeda
Fay Wolfenden, Torch Fairy
Fen Li, Bead Flora Jewels
Gail Zwang, Angel Moose Enterprises
Geneva Collins, Torque Story
Grace Dorsey, Fan of the Flame
Gretchen Nation,  Art Food Lodging

Hannah Annear, Squintessential
Hajer Waheed, My Beaded World
Heather Goldsmith, As I Bead It
Heather Otto, The Craft Hopper
Heidi Kingman, My Bead Therapy
Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
Isolina Perez, Isolina Perez
Jacqueline Keller, CreARTelier
Jane Haag, Did You Make Something Today?
Janeen Sorensen, Wild Vanilla Designs
Jean Peter, Jean P. Designs

Jennifer Judd, Jen Judd Rocks
Jennifer L Justman, Soul's Fire Designs
Joanna Matuszczyk, Bizuteria z filcu
Joanne Brown, Jo's Jewels
Joanne Lockwood, Jo Bunkum
Joyce Becker, Joyce's Joyful Gems
Judy Riley, Three Red Beads
Karen Mitchell, Over the Moon Design
Karen Williams, Baublicious
Karin von Hoeren, Creative Ideen

Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Kashmira Patel, Sadafule .. always in bloom!
Kate Richbourg, We Can Make That at Home

Katrin Lembke, AllesPerle
Kathy Combs, Torched in Texas
Kathy Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Kelley Fogle, My Life, One Bead at at Time
Kelly Hosford Patterson, Traveling Side Show

Klaudette Koon, Only Road
Lara Lutrick, Lampwork Beads by Lara
Laura Guenther, Blue Antiquities

Laurie Lalonde, Simply Mod Jewelry
Lilik Kristiani, Soul of My Embodiment
Linda Younkman, Lindy's Designs
Lisa Chapman, Beach Cat Beads
Lisa Lodge, Pine Ridge Treasures
Loretta Carstensen, Designs by Loretta
Lori Bergmann, Lori Bergmann Design
Lori Dorrington, Lori's Adventures in Etsy Land
Lupe Meter, Gem's PC Corner
Lynn Davis, LLYYNN

Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin
Mandi Effron, Craft-o-licious
Mandy Williamson, Mimi's Beading
Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
Maria Rosa Sharrow, Willow Street Shops
Marianne Baxter, Simply Seablime Jewelry
Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre
Marjolein Trewavas, Room for Change
Marelene Cupo, Amazing Designs
Marsha Neal, Marsha Neal Studio

Marta Kaczerowska, uhuhu
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Menka Gupta, Menka's Jewelry Blog
Michelle Burnett, Reverie and Revival
Michelle Escano-Caballero, The Cabby Crafter
Miko Wiropati, Uniquely Yunikua
Milla Hope,  LB Creative Arts and Crafts
Mimi Gardner, Other Curiosities
Miranda Ackerley, MirandackArts
Natalie McKenna, grubbi

Noemi Baena, fuego, metal, y color
Pam Ferrari, Ferrari Originals
Pam Sears, Crazy Creative Corner
Penny Neville, Copper Penny
Rachel Baron, R. Baron Designs
Rachel Myers, Rockabead Jewelry
Rana Wilson, Definitive Designs by R. Wilson
Rebecca Anderson, Song Beads
Rebecca Sirevaag, Becca's Place
Riki Schumacher, Riki Jewelry

Rose Binoya, Ahtee's Blog
Rossana De Gaspari, Rdegas Blog
Sally Anderson, Wild Sally Road
Sandi James, Do Be Do Bead Do
Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe
Sandra Wollberg, City of Brass Stories
Sarah Goode, Pookledo

Sarah Small, blog by salla
Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Shawn Mills, Shawn Marie Designs with Bent Wire
Sheila Davis, Stone Designs by Sheila

Sheryl Stephens, Babble Bead
Shiraz Biggie, Secret Song Designs
Solange Collin,  Ahowin Handcrafted Jewelry
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stephanie Dixon, The Dixon Chick
Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
Susan Sheehan, Strands of Thought
Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
Sweet Freedom, Sweet Freedom Designs
Tabatha Dinger, Modernly Created
Tania Hagen, Pelima Jewellery Design

Tanya Boden, Fusion Muse
Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo
Tracy Stillman, Tracy Stillman Designs

125 comments:

  1. Kashmira, you really outdid yourself! :-) I thoroughly enjoyed your post with your touch of humor. I find it hard to believe you're still quiet as a mouse at work, but you haven't been at this new place too long yet. :-) Your spiral earrings are really cool - I like them with the mix of patina just the way they are. And your necklace really is a keeper - I totally see why the cashier was staring at your neck and why you got comments out shopping....and isn't it great that you love your BSBP piece so much that you want to keep it?? It's definitely special! And I love that bracelet and proud of you with your wire skills! You really rocked your soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! I know you are on vacation, and am thrilled you stopped by to check out my reveal :)
      About me being a quiet mouse: yeah, I have been at the new job only 2.5 months now...so..but things will change ;-)

      Delete
  2. Nice job Kashmira~ I would totally keep that one too, it's lovely. I know your work goes to support a worthy cause but the artist needs to reward her inner muse once in a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammie :) I usually keep the ones which have some flaws...which only I can see ;-) But this one stays with me! I wore it thrice already last week!

      Delete
  3. I understand you want to keep that necklace, I would too!! It looks great, I love the colors, love how you created the pendant part, and the peacock crystal beads are gorgeous indeed! I love the earrings too, I would wear those too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe I wore it three times last week...my usual average on repeating anything is once in 3-4 months!

      Delete
  4. I agree 100% with Cindy's comment ...you can put her's as a ditto from me. You did a fantastic job and the necklace focal the way you used it...perfect! On to more visit..hope you have fun hopping around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kashmira - You really did a great job. That necklace definitely is a keeper! Isn't it great when we make things that we love so much that we want to keep them? The bracelet is also very creative. I love the little round sparkly beads with the black spots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You do recognize those beads, right?
      While I truly love everything I make, this is the only one I actually cannot part with. I try to sell the rest since the money goes to charity, and I don't want that to take a back seat. But this one stays :D

      Delete
  6. Love the necklace and I do agree, she did spoil you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she did! I still have so much gorgeousness sitting on my bead table. It will keep me busy for a while :-)

      Delete
  7. Kashmira, I am so jealous, girl... you know how, when someone says they WILL NOT part with something, you suddenly have an overwhelming desire to own it?? Well *ahem* I just want to ask, if you ever completely lose your mind and decide to sell it, please send me a secret message first!

    Oh, and I love the bracelet and earrings, too (I know, after my rant that sounds like an afterthought!) Your bracelet model was an excellent choice, makes me want to check my kitchen for any tools not pulling their weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are so funny! Kitchen tools not pulling their weight :-) I hope you find something like that ;-)

      I am going to ask Kathy if she can make me a couple more focals so I can buy them from her and sell to you ;-)

      Delete
  8. Just went to Kathy's site, but her Soup wasn't posted yet. I followed her so I wouldn't miss her reveal in all the traffic this W/E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her post is up now. Blogger was mean to her and didn't post when she had scheduled it :(

      Delete
  9. As always some absolutely stunning work! I do love that necklace, and can't believe no one at work said anything! You, a mouse? hmmm ... you must be very new :) And those earrings are really great! I never thing to use only metal ... I'm forever trying to get beads in there - but might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, am at the new job for only 2 and half months now. So...and the day I wore it, most of the girls were out for one reason or another.

      About the all metal look, I am with you there...I never liked metal only, but this is kinda different, it has different textures and the little enameled ball :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely! I can see why you don't plan to part with your necklace - it is stunning! The design is clean and simple and truly allows each component to shine! Love to combination of the copper with the iridescent blues and greens.

    And thanks for sharing your earrings. A while ago a friend sent me some of her fancy headpins and I've been trying to come up with great ways to use them, so I loved your idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I must thank Kathy for the copper components she sent along. This is the first time i have used copper and love it!

      And am glad you are inspired to do something with your headpins :-)

      Delete
  11. Great pieces, love the way you worked the focal in the necklace! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kashmira, your bead soup was gorgeous and you really outdid yourself. I just love your necklace, it is a keeper wear it with pride because it looks fabulous. I love the colors they look like royal jewels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny...the photos do absolutely no justice to how ravishing those colors are! I could just keep looking at them :)

      Delete
  13. That necklace is stunning Kashmira. The swarovski beads are little gems! And the bracelet and earrings too are lovely. I love the inventiveness of the cord and the silver wire that meet at the clasp. Wear them with pride!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am quite pleased with the way the bracelet turned out. It has a bit of everything...

      Delete
  14. Great job! The earrings are really cute - I love how you coiled up that blue ended pin. The necklace is super cool too. Congrats on a great soup, and lol @ the rolling pin "wearing" the bracelet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah, the rolling pin wanted to keep it. I had to beat it with the spatula to make it let go ;-)

      Delete
  15. Oh, nice soup! The bracelet is wonderful the way it shows off that too cool focal and I love your curly wire earrings- like nothing I have ever seen, and that's what it's all about! The necklace is wonderful, too! good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen! Yes, I do try to make everything as unique and "like-nothing-i-have-seen". That's such a huge rush when you manage to do that, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Very beautiful designs. My favorite is the spiral Earrings, I love the contrast of the two wires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love the earrings a lot too :)

      Delete
  17. I love what you created! The necklace is awesome!!! The bracelet is something I see wearing everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Isolina! I actually have been wearing the bracelet everyday since i made it, and worn the necklace thrice already :)

      Delete
  18. Girl! You have made some seriously gorgeous pieces! Keep those spirals with the two different shines, they look great. LOVE how that bracelet turned out. Your tiny clasps really set it off, you know? Have to say, I don't blame you a bit for keeping that stunning necklace. It just rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley :-) I think I will keep the earrings as is. The difference is making them really unique. I wanted to match them up with the necklace, and the shine was kind of making it not match. I'll just make something else. Kathy has sent me enough to make a whole lot of things!

      About the clasps...I wore it to work, and had to put it on my left hand since I needed the right one to attach those tiny clasps. THROUGHOUT the drive, my eye kept going to the clasps and how pretty they looked. Was in love with the bracelet by the time I got out of my car 10 minutes later!

      Delete
  19. Kashmira, you are a jewel yourself. I love what you did with my soup. The necklace is my favorite. I have to admit I had a hard time mailing you that focal because I liked it so much myself. I'm glad I did. I truly love what you did with it. And very clever on the bracelet and ear wires. I'd say you are well on your way to becoming a metal artist! It has been such a pleasure trading soups with you. I'm glad I've gotten to know you on Facebook and look forward to keeping that up. I had my blog set up on an auto post that I just realized didn't post. I now have it up. I really had fun cooking my soup! Thank you. And I agree with Cindy, I love your touch of humor in your post. Not only are you an awesome jewelry artist, you're a writer as well. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Kathy! For this wonderful wonderful soup! I certainly stretched out of my box for all three pieces, and there is still so much left to do. And am hoarding the wire, am going to try and make a bangle out of it :)

      I did think that is what happened with your post. I had scheduled mine too, and it didn't post. I was awake at the time, so went and published it.

      About the writing bit: I love playing with words...just a little bit less than playing with beads ;)

      Delete
  20. How CLEVER that necklace is! Very impressed. And I really am grooving on those earrings -- can I make a pair? So wearable for everyday and I wear earrings EVERY day, even in pajamas. A weird quirk, I guess!

    Thank you so much for playing, and please come again in Jan/Feb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Lori! For the compliments and for hosting this and allowing us to play :-)

      And about the earrings...of course! Make them! Will be honored if you do :-)

      Delete
  21. Like what you did with your soup. Those earrings are !!! Want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cece, sure, I can make another pair and put it up in my store :)

      Delete
  22. Such lovely and unique designs!! Nice job on your soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All beautiful pieces. The necklace is to die for! Are you sure you want to keep it?? I think it would look great on me ;) hehe Wear them with tons of pride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yep, looooove the necklace :-) I am going to ask Kathy if she can make me some more of those focals. Can make the necklace again then...a lot of folks want it, and I am not giving this one, lol :-)

      Delete
  24. You got some great stuff but I love even more how you showed them off. I love the necklace. Looks like art! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cilla! The focal is like a beautiful painting...its really so much nicer in person!

      Delete
  25. All the pieces are just fabulous. I really love the necklace so if ever do decide that you no longer care for it just know that it would have a good home with me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shaiha! I am going to ask Kathy if she can make some more of the focals. Everyone seems to have liked it so much :)

      Delete
  26. you did a great job on all your things, and I love the way you displayed your bracelet. I just might have to steal that idea. I really don't like my arm in pictures...too many freckles and pale skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a hard time with bracelets...making, wearing, photographing, everything :) This one is an anomaly, lol. You take pics of the bracelet on your arm? Then how do handle the camera? I would not be able to do that ever!

      Delete
  27. Wow you did an amazing job with your soup Kashmira! Beautiful pieces and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kumi! I do try my best with the photos...I think its a shame if the pics are not good after all the effort I put into making something. I bet you will agree :)

      Delete
  28. Fantastic, such creative ideas and great colours

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well done! Very inspiring pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your necklace is wonderful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! I had a lot of fun coming up with these three :)

      Delete
  31. Very creative -I really love the bracelet focal. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Am loving the bracelet so much more everyday :)

      Delete
  32. Oh my!!! I'm totally inlove with all 3 pices!
    The earrings are just awsome, so simple, but yet so intriguiging!!
    The necklace, ohh, it's a dream! The design it's simply gorgeaus, so perfect match of the beads and copper, so lovely colours and shape!
    And the bracelet, I just love the idea you had, on using cord on one side and wire on the other side! I think it is very easy to be worn and it surely looks amazing! the focal si beautiful, congratulations for what your partner sent you, you are too very lucky to be spoiled like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andra! I am really thankful to Kathy for sending me the copper components...the very first time I have used that metal. She did totally spoil me! And the bracelet, that i didn't like to begin with, am loving it more everyday :)

      Delete
  33. I can see you were inspiraled.LOL Lovely pieces Love adn hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love what you made from your bead soup ingredients! The way you combined colors and metals - so perfect! You're a great designer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! The colors Kathy sent are really gorgeous!

      Delete
  35. The earrings and bracelet are too cool!
    Love the necklace focal you made - very creative! The necklace came together beautifully!!
    These are all wonderful Kashmira!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very, very creative pieces!I like it very much! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  37. very pretty and creative designs, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very unusual earrings. I like the difference in the 2 copper finishes. And you did a wonderful job showcasing the focals in that necklace. I like the way you added the smaller focal to the larger one. And your bracelet turned out really cute with the 3 clasps to attach it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! I had a lot of fun coming up with these three :)

      Delete
  39. Congrats on your bracelets. They are very cool! I tend to stay away from them also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! My husband made two bracelets for me, but I am still blocked, they intimidate me!

      Delete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Everything is beautiful. Love the necklace. Your little hooks on the bracelet are perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. Those little hooks make me so happy :)

      Delete
  42. Love that necklace, I would keep it too. Your bracelet is great oo, I love bracelets and wera them every day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi! I am trying to wear bracelets more often now too. Most of the time though, I end up taking it off before the end of the day ;)

      Delete
  43. Oh, Kashmira - I Love all of these! Those earrings are super fun and I do like the variations of color in the copper, it really adds to their look I think. The neckace is outstanding and I can see why you wouldn't want to part with it! I think the bracelet is my favorite because I just love the colors, the knotting and the way you made perfect little hook clasps - perfect!!! And, I love your bracelet model. She's a keeper! LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah, that bracelet model...she is one of a kind ;) While I started off liking the necklace the best, I find myself reaching for the bracelet more often now!

      Delete
  44. Super creative, I love everything you made. I would be wearing it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kepi :) I think I will wear it again today, lol

      Delete
  45. Love the designs! That first piece is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very original pieces and I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm so sorry it's taken so long to get over here. I'm doing the random hop thing.
    All of your pieces are so very cool! I really like the earrings and necklace and have mixed feelings (like you) about the bracelet. Of course, I don't know what I would have done with it that would be any better. Your spirals on the earrings are so perfect, but what I will definitely take way from this post is how very much you love those crystals ;P
    Wonderful work all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :) Yes, I LOVE those crystals :)

      The spirals..believe it or not, my husband trained me into making perfect spirals. He had joined me in designing a long time back, and kept rejecting my spirals until I got them perfect!

      The bracelet...I love it now :)

      Delete
  48. Oohhhh I just love everything you made! I can see why you don't want to part with the first necklace--it's gorgeous! And the bracelet is so unique.

    Fabulous job Kashmira!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice! I do like the bracelet design a lot now...

      Delete
  49. Lovely designs. I particular like the necklace and how you treated the focal bead. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda :) The focal was just too beautiful to begin with. Can't thank Kathy enough for that!

      Delete
  50. Lovely designs. Particularly love what you did with the focal bead on the necklace. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  51. some very special pieces. you did a nice job with your soup!
    greets
    jaqcueline

    ReplyDelete
  52. You made many beautiful pieces, I can't believe you have only been crafting for a little over a year! I think my favorite piece is the necklace, I love the purple and green - my favorite colors! Enjoy wearing them and happy creating! gv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail. Yeah, just over a year, and what a fun time its been!

      Delete
  53. You did a beautiful job with your soup! I really like your necklace, too -- don't give in and melt this time. You deserve to keep a piece every now and then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi:) Yes, this time, no melting ;-)

      Delete
  54. Hi Kashmira,

    Wow, that necklace is to die for! Amazing colors, and absolutely the most creative design. It would be gorgeous with the Fall outfits too! Maybe you can rent it since so many of us want it :-)

    Jayshri.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh and you still have the gorgeous brown piece; can't wait to see that one in a creation of yours!

    Love,
    Jayshri.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Kashmira, everything is so very much your style. Would recognize it anywhere! Fantastic as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marlene :-) I didn't know there was a "recognizable" factor in my work, but then that's probably because I am looking at it with diferent eyes :-)

      Delete
  57. You receive very unique soup =)
    And you succeed to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very creative pieces and they would be fun pieces to wear!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Very pretty pieces! I really love that necklace, the colors, the swirly dangle, the copper chain. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I can't believe how often I have already worn these three pieces!

      Delete
  60. WOW, very creative indeed Kashmira! Those earrings are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I made another pair this morning...different design. So still playing with my bead soup :-)

      Delete
  61. Very clever solution to your bracelet dilemma - and a cute result as well. The necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbie! Isn't the bracelet just a darling? Can't believe I didn't like it in the beginning.

      Delete
  62. The necklace is wonderful Kashmira, can see why you're keeping it, and the other two pieces aren't too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love the necklace your made. All the pieces are nice, but the first necklace is my favorite. Great use of chain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inge! I love it so much, I still wear all of it at least once a week.

      Delete
  64. I love this bracelet! So beautiful. Very creative how you combined the pieces. I love your little clasps.
    I didn't think I would like the collection of items you put in the necklace, but when I saw it on the bust I loved it.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Thank you, Becca! It has definitely become one of my all time favorites, can't keep my eyes off those itty-bitty clasps :-)

    Glad you liked the necklace too!

    ReplyDelete