Friday, July 27, 2012

The 5 minute post


Trying to see if I can write a post in 5 minutes! It usually takes at least an hour.

Wanted to post a quick update on the Beads for Blogging goodies that I received from Tanya. Here's what I had got: The post about the beads.

I have two things in progress. The first one is a nursing necklace I wanted to make for a friend. I knew I wanted to make something green, I even bought some stringing materials for it, but then there was no further progress on it. Then Tanya sent me the big green heart! It didn't hit me right away, but eventually, staring at it everyday, an idea started to form. The necklace is not done yet, but here is a picture of the work in progress:




I had finished making the pendant, and it sat there for a couple days when I started to have some doubts about it. Would it scare the baby? It could, right? So I decided to show it to my friend before I worked on the string. She loved it, I sighed in relief. This is still in this same state, I need to buy some more stuff before I can finish it.

The second one is this. I just put together my thoughts on what I wanted to do for the Art Jewelry Elements "Inspired By" challenge for August. This is the inspiration photo:

Untitled


And these are the materials I have put together for it. The photo is missing a key piece, I wanted to keep it a secret coz it will give away my design for the challenge



And the post took 10 minutes :(( See y'all later. Gotta run. Am 5 minutes behond schedule!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kashmira, both projects!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've used cord and beads with the glass pendant - that is awesome. Might have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the pattern and tried the knotting with the pendant - so fun! thx. And yes! in response to your comment about being the 'train jeweler' being fun ... I love it. And talking about jewelry on my hour train ride each way makes the time go by fast :)

    ReplyDelete